Thursday, September 30, 2010

September brought...

Cooler weather, DIY projects, a new "do", and so much more.

For starters I owe everyone some pictures. On the first of the month I visited my hairdress Christine at Salon 11 Studios in Dunwoody for the epic Post-Wedding Chop. And boy was it ever! I think she cut off about 6-8 inches. Unfortunately none of it worth donating because I highlighted my hair earlier in the year. But here are the before and after shots.
It feels great to finally have healthy SHORT hair :) 

This month we've also been blessed with cooler weather (and as of this week, more rain). We're not complaining though. I've learned living in Atlanta makes my allergies act up even more, and with the rain, all of the dust in the air gets washed away.
I'm also picture journaling the changing of season. I have this beautiful tree right outside my office window that I have watched for the past two years change into gorgeous oranges, yellows and reds. This year I've made it my goal to take a photo every day until the leaves fall off (sometime in December). Take a look at the beginning stages:
One weekend this month Nick and I found ourselves out and about on a Saturday and decided to make a trip to Home Depot. It was there were we picked up the supplies for our new bedside tables. The original idea was to have them hanging from the walls, however since we are moving in less than 3 months it's best if we don't hang them at all. Here is the inspiration:
And here is Nick with the guy from Home Depot who graciously helped us assemble them in the store, free of charge!
He built two, and after getting them home we realized they are the perfect height to stand vertically (for now), so all we had to do was fill in the blemishes on the wood, sand it, and paint it.
Nick's been working on the caulking/sanding part, and once that's done we will be painting a couple of coats of the deep plum paint we purchased to match the yellow and teal bedroom colors.
On that same Saturday we made our way to the Marietta Farmer's Market where we found tons of fresh fruits/veggies, cheese and bread. Free samples galore! Right next to it was an antique market which is where we found our new cedar bed chest to store our bed linens in for now. It's perfect for the bedroom, and the guy was practically giving it away! I said pack it up and let's take it home!
We also tried out a new restaurant in Dunwoody this month. Village Burger (website designed by moi) opened in the Dunwoody Village. The burgers are delicious and the fries are unbelievable... really. Everything was fresh and yummy. I even tried the custard and it got a two thumbs up! We made the mistake and went on the grand opening. The place was packed but the food was worth it. We will be making it back there soon.
In these last few weeks of September we've started to research more and more about where to go next. We are busting at the seams in our tiny one bedroom, and have started looking for more room. One of our top priorities is to have an extra bedroom for guests. I want my parents to visit more often, and maybe one day I can get my sister back down here! Also we are looking forward to Nick's mom's visit in a few weeks for his birthday, however we will have to have her back when we have a second bedroom. She's sweet to be okay with our couch for now :)

We have some options for moving right now, but we are waiting to hear back. We are still looking early and don't actually have to be out of our place until January 6, but moving during the holidays is a pain so we are trying to figure out the details. Here's a peak at one of our options we are looking at:
Wow what a busy month! In October we have a lot to look forward to, as well! Birthday celebrations, Halloween parties, and family visits! (Oh My!)

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Score on the new furniture!! Love it and can't wait to see it in person in just a few weeks!
The Other Mother :)