Sunday, September 14, 2014

Henry Turns One!

The Saturday before Henry's birthday, friends and family from all over gathered in our new home to celebrate his first year of life! So many amazing milestones we celebrated in the last year. You can see most of them here.

A few weeks before the party we took some pictures in the yard to capture this milestone.

 


And then we partied!









Rice Krispie treat favors











On his actual birthday (Sunday, September 14) we celebrated 
with a Cracker Barrel breakfast and opening family gifts. 



What can I say about our last year with Henry. I know what I can't say... that it was perfect. We had our ups and downs as a family. Just the time spent learning how to raise this new human being was a challenge of it's own. However I wouldn't have changed any of it. Without his 3am wake up calls, I would have never had the extra snuggles or the bond that we shared while I nursed him on demand. My favorite moments were watching him learn and hitting the milestones. I'll never forget the way I felt watching him take his first steps or the joy that I saw in his face when he learned how to sit up on his own. We are so lucky to be the parents of the most playful, lively, and laid-back little boy. If you would have asked me what parenthood meant before having Henry, I might have said stressful but worth it. Now all I can think to say is gratifying, entertaining and incredible.

Thank you Henry for being the best gift Mommy and Daddy have ever received. We love you more than you'll ever know... to the moon and back.

No comments :