Friday, June 21, 2013

A baby's a brewing!

26 weeks today, 14 to go!

Things I've done to get ready:
  • Sorted through the hand-me-downs I graciously took from my sister
    • I'm the proud owner of 7 baby carriers. So thankful my sister was obsessed.
  • Planned the nursery
    • Purchased the crib & glider
    • Designed the wall art
    • See an update below
  • Set up the registries (to this day I still don't think Nick knows what's even on them)
  • Been eating like a champ: favorite foods... donuts, watermelon, or pretty much anything sweet.
Here's a 25 week bump photo:

Today is the first day of summer, but it's practically been summertime for the last month here in Atlanta. So far I'm doing okay with the heat. We keep the house and my office cool enough so I'm not complaining (yet).  I suspect July and August may be rough as I grow larger and move slower. 

The nursery is coming along great. I'm so crazy that I had to actually mock up what one side of it would look like. We went back and forth about color for the wall, but I'm compromising with Nick. He likes yellow and I want stripes (another plan was to have a light grey with white stripes wall). Take a gander below.


My MIL is so gracious enough to help me custom make the crib skirt and a "rocket" themed sheet. (Do you see the theme?? Surprised? No... alright.) I will be sewing the curtains. I designed the alphabet wall art that is a decal. It arrived today and I can't wait to see it on the wall. I also created the I love you to the moon art, based on someone else's idea (so I do not claim that this is an original... I just added a few things to it). The stars hanging in the corner will be in place of a traditional mobile, and I'll probably get a shelf to hang above the crib there.

The crib arrives on Monday! I'm so in love with it. It's a Babyletto Mercer convertible crib. My parents are amazing and offered to buy it for us. Here is a link to a real pic, not my drawing.

The grey glider is from Babies 'R Us. I bought it sight unseen! I got a great deal on it and honestly I'm sure it will be comfy (I hope). That will arrive in the next week or so.

Everything else is tbd in the picture. I know I want a table and lamp... just not sure if those will be it. And chevron feet pouf is from Etsy. I do intend to purchase that, but just waiting since we made some other big purchases this month!

I went as far as getting sample paint over the weekend. I put them on the walls. All of the yellows change color depending on the time of day. It's so difficult to pick a yellow!


I can't believe Baby L will be here in a little over 3 months. I feel like we've only been back in Georgia for 3 months... and now September is right around the corner! I received my hospital pre-registration pack today and with every kick from him it just gets more real by the second. (Not like it wasn't before... but I guess more obviously real).

More updates to come as the nursery progresses and life happens.

No comments :